Low-carb cauliflower lasagna
An amazing low carb lasagna. You know you absolutely want this cheesy and savory lasagna for dinner tonight.
- 2 lb cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 tsp kosher or ground sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1.25 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 0.25 cup heavy cream
- 4.5 oz shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 14 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp concentrated beed bouillon
- 0.5 cup red wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch groung black pepper
- butter for frying
- Set the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Chop onion and garlic finely and fry in butter in a thick-bottomed pot.
- Add ground beef and keep frying until cooked thoroughly. Add tomato paste in the pot and pour in crushed tomatoes.
- Season with bouillon, red wine, salt and black pepper and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Place a parchment paper in a large baking pan and grease with oil.
- Grate a medium-sized cauliflower head in a food processor. The cauliflower should be finely grated.
- Place the grated cauliflower in a bowl and cook for two minutes on high in the microwave oven. Stir and microwave for two more minutes.
- Let the grated cauliflower cool and place in a baking cloth (towel) and squeeze the liquid out by tying and wringing the towel. Almost a cup of liquid has to come out for the rice to be dry.
- Put the cauliflower rice, eggs and spices in a bowl and stir them together.
- Spread the batter on to the parchment paper and bake on lower rack of the oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and let cool. Cut into adequate-sized pieces, like lasagna sheets.
- Bring heavy cream and sour cream to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Layering and baking
- In a deep baking dish add some bolognese, then sheets and cheese sauce. Alternate and finish up with cheese sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Calories: 529kcalNet carbs: 12gProtein: 40gFat: 64gFiber: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!