Caramelized onion and bacon pork chops
The wonderful thing about pork chops is they’re like a blank canvas. Why not top them with an array of flavors and textures, packed with silky onions and salty bacon. Create your low-carb masterpiece!
- 4 oz bacon chopped
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- 4 pork chops
- 0.5 cup chicken broth
- 0.25 cup heavy cream
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to a bowl and reserve bacon grease.
- Add onion to bacon grease and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, until onions are soft and golden brown. Add onions to bacon in the bowl.
- Increase heat to medium high and sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Add chops to pan and brown on the first side for 3 minutes. Flip chops and reduce heat to medium, cooking on the second side until internal temperature reaches 135°F (58°C), about 7 to 10 more minutes. Remove to a platter and tent with foil.
- Add broth to pan and scrape up any browned bits. Add cream and simmer until mixture is thickened, 2 or 3 minutes. Return onions and bacon to pan and stir to combine.
- Top pork chops with onion and bacon mixture and serve.
Calories: 621kcalNet carbs: 2gProtein: 49gFat: 44gFiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!